I got a lot of names
- My real name is Cecilia. No one calls me that but the IRS, the DMV and other such happy entities.
- I go by Sally, and have since birth.
- I’m Sally Wright Day on Facebook—and a bunch of other places.
- I sign my art CMDay because there’s no “official” Sally Day.
- I won’t even mention all the nicknames of my nickname, except Salamander Pie. Still a fave.
They’re all my names. It’s all me. Just so you know:
A painting signed by CMDay is Sal’s art.
Also me: editor, writer, website maker, mom.
Here I am with my kids, Liam and Alex.
Here’s the corporate me on LinkedIn.
Finally, I get to live the Artist’s Life, paint-spattered and grateful
I yakked all about my late start to the artist’s life in “Free at last.” Here I’d like to credit two people and a place for kicking open the door:
I credit Ruth’s abstract painting class and her light, sensitive touch as a teacher for opening the floodgates of paint. Kudos to the Ann Arbor Art Center for sponsoring Ruth and our class—and for being such a jewel in the art world.
And Mar? Mar shall remain anonymous here. So I send my thanks publicly to a very private person. ‘Twas she who dragged me, pissing and moaning, to Ruth’s class. Thank you, sweetheart.